Here’s a brilliant 3-minute look at leadership from the February 2010 TED Conference. Watch a shirtless dancing guy create a movement in minutes.
TED Talk: The First Follower transforms the nut into a leader.
The key lessons:
- A leader needs the guts to stand alone and look ridiculous. Be happy being a nut!
- He must be easy to follow. Remember the importance of nurturing the first few followers as equals. Make everything clearly about the movement, not yourself.
- The First Follower transforms a lone nut into a leader. The later followers emulate the First Follower, not the leader.
- Be public. Be easy to follow.
- Leadership is over glorified. It is the First Follower that transforms a nut into a leader. There is no movement without the first follower.
View online: https://clarity.zone/?p=490